Home  >  TopNews
Corporate + Font Resize -

Indian pharma cos prefer Recruitment Process Outsourcing to select pharmacists

Nandita Vijay, Bengaluru
Thursday, August 31, 2017, 08:00 Hrs  [IST]

Indian pharma companies are seen to increasingly connected with Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) agencies. Companies see a big difference in the ability to hire faster and get high quality candidates. Particularly in the pharma industry where attrition is a pain point, RPOs are seen to bring in more value addition, control costs and save time.

Indian RPO industry is valued at Rs. 400 crore in 2016-17 and sighted to grow over 32 to 35 per cent year-on- year.

Any industry including pharma is able to get a 90 per cent conversion ratio in hiring the right candidate. The companies, are struggling to get people on time. If there are dedicated experts having the competency in measuring recruitment which is not merely giving away candidate profiles but engaging with the organisations to make sure that the hiring is more sacrosanct, says Shiva Kumar, business head, RPO, TeamLease Services.

Almost 90 per cent of hiring by RPOs is for medical representatives. The remaining 10 per cent is for regulatory affairs, production, quality control and R&D. On an RPO platform, the entire hiring is based on key matrixes including psychometric tests to reduce the recruitment timeline. Most of the time, the pharma companies which were doing it on their own were finding it extremely difficult to reduce the time of hiring. This is because of no access to a virtual bench of candidates or a pipeline. Instead, under the RPO model, a good pipeline of candidates can be created for any position, Kumar told Pharmabiz.

Further, RPOs, can clearly articulate on which location there are candidates and be able to connect with companies in the shortest possible time. “So there is clear and predictive hiring happening rather than in an arbitrary manner.  At certain times there is always an expectation of attrition. For instance, during the post appraisal phase, the sector reports 17 to 20 per cent attrition,” said Kumar.

Another positive for companies going to RPOs is the reduction of ‘job offered’ drop outs. In the pharma industry, going by the number of openings, makes a prospective candidate to decline the job decide on offers that are higher for a few thousand rupees. This is where RPOs engage with companies with technology tools which are both mobile and web based. Here companies share the video or text to engage the candidate. For instance, a tool like the ‘post offer follow up’ where from the notice period given to the earlier employer, the candidate gets friendly-sociable messages from the new employer. So the candidate responds and this is tracked too gauge the interest level to join the company.

Therefore, the RPOs sector is here to stay in Indian pharma, going by the saving of cost and time saving besides the higher positive conversion rate in hiring, said Kumar.

 

*POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments
* Name :     
* Email :    
  Website :  
   
     
 
pharmalytica_150x60_2018
CPhI_MEA_Banner_150x60_2018
150X60px_biowavers
IPE_2018_Banner_150X60
GPRS_150x60_2018
cphikorea_150x60_saffron media
Chemspec_India-2018
CPhI_China_150x60-2018
PharmaTech_Expo_2018
VF118_Banner_150x60_E_D2
IPJPI18_150x60en_2018
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2016 Saffron Media Pvt. Ltd |